How Does It Work?
Do you know?
- According to the American Medical Association, 50% of all illness is caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
- The air in today homes & buildings contain contaminants such as bacteria, virus, mold, fungi & spores that contribute to many illness:
- Asthma, Fatigue, Frequent cold & flu, Sore throat Headaches, Runny nose, Dizziness Respiratory allergies, Nausea, etc
- The US Government required UV Air devices to be installed in Government building as protection against Airborne Germs, Bacteria, Virus and Mold.
- Because UV (Ultraviolet) light is one of the more effective methods to reduce and control Airborne pathogens.
- For this reason, UV air devices are commonly used in hospitals.
- Due to viruses are too small to be trapped by HEPA filters, UV light is one of the only ways to eliminate airborne viruses.
- As an airborne micro-organism passes over the UV light, the UV light penetrates the organism’s membrane and alters its genetic material (DNA).
- With altered DNA, the micro-organism will no longer be able to reproduce, rendering it biologically dead and therefore harmless.
- Due to the short life span of most micro-organisms, once they lose the ability to reproduce, the population diminishes rapidly and drastically.
- Since the UV light is only directed inside the unit, there are no potential harmful side effects.
Why is it effective?
- G9 Germ Killer uses this approach. It attacks the sources of pollution directly, thus removing the source of odor and bacteria problems, giving the room a pleasant, refreshing and clean air environment.
The following steps tell you how
- The G9 Gem Killer is mounted at a height of 6 to 8 feet on the wall.
- Air will be sucked into from the sides in to the unit, along the UVC Lamp in parallel.
- This creates a zone of UVC light at the top portion of the room, above the occupants.
- Natural convection, air from HVAC vents and human movement cause the air in the room to circulate.
- As air enters the disinfection zone, it is exposed to the UVC light rays.
- This destroys viruses and bacteria in the air, including MDROs.
- G9 Gem Killer contains one or more germicidal ultraviolet lamps.
- The UVC Lamps are short-wave low-pressure tubes that produce ultraviolet wavelengths lethal to microorganisms.
- Approximately 95% of the ultraviolet energy emitted from the UVC Lamps is at 254 nanometers, the region of germicidal effectiveness most destructive to bacteria, mold and virus.
- Therefore, the air that passes through the chamber is exposed to the Germicidal UVC Lamp and the genetic material of the microorganism is deactivated, preventing reproduction and rendering them harmless.